Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hot Commodity: Chapter 10 - The Beginning


Characters belong to SM. Everything else belongs to me.

Chapter 10 – The Beginning

Bella's POV

"Bella? Bella? Earth to Bella!" Alice snapped her fingers in front of my eyes several times, dragging me out of my Cullen-induced stupor and into reality.

"What is wrong with you today?" Rose poked my arm and frowned at me. "You barely touched 
your breakfast and I don't think you've managed to say three whole words since we got here."

I picked up my spoon and shoveled a glob of porridge into my mouth. I chewed it slowly, buying 
myself a little more time before having to provide my best friends with an explanation for my 
uncharacteristic behavior.

"Seriously Bell, what's going on?" Alice turned in her seat so she faced me.

"I'm sorry, honestly, I'm just distracted." I wasn't ready to admit I'd become a victim of Cullen's 
charms.

"As if that wasn't obvious already," Rose said, rolling her eyes.

Alice saw right through me. "I'm not buying it, Swan. Something happened between Friday and 
now that you're not telling us."

"I'm still mad at you for Friday night, so don't push my buttons," I teased, poking my spoon in 
Alice's face. She leaned back and swatted the spoon away, fixing me with a serious stare.

"It isn't funny, Bella. You're starting to scare me."

I gave Rose a pleading glance but all she did was nod her head in agreement with Alice.

I pushed my porridge away and rested my forehead against the tabletop. I sighed before 
allowing the words to tumble from my lips in a fast, almost inaudible sentence. "I slept with 
Edward."

Rose dropped her fork and knocked over her glass of water. Alice choked on the piece of melon 
she was chewing.

"You WHAT?" Rose yelled the last word, causing several tables of restaurant patrons to train 
their eyes on us. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, both at Rose's outburst and my 
confession.

"Isabella Marie Swan, did I hear you correctly?" When Alice used someone's full name, she 
meant business. "Did you just say you slept with Edward Cullen?"

I lifted my head and nodded, keeping my eyes fixed on the tabletop. I knew the girls would be 
supportive regardless of the outcome, but I didn't want to see the expressions on their faces 
quite yet.

"Can we get our check?" Rose asked our waitress. "We should continue this conversation in the 
car."

"I'll buy today," I said, reaching into my purse and grabbing my wallet. "I dropped the bomb on 
breakfast after all." I finally looked up and met Rose's eyes, which were filled with worry. Alice 
looked like she had something to say, but my confession seemed to have rendered her 
speechless. Mark it on the calendar, ladies and gentlemen, I, Bella Swan, have officially 
managed to make the queen of chatter, Alice Erickson, shut the fuck up.

We finished our beverages in silence while the waitress ran my card. I signed the credit slip and 
slid my coat on before following my friends outside to the Lincoln that awaited us.

"When did this happen?" Alice asked as soon as we were seated. That was a short-lived 
reprieve, I thought to myself.

"Friday night," I answered. My beating around the bush days had ended the minute I asked 
Edward to go on a date with me. "We went back to his place after we left the club. We were 
both pretty drunk and one thing led to another…"

"Did you spend the night or did he give you the infamous Edward Cullen boot after it happened?" 
Rose's eyes locked with mine and I could tell she was deciding whether she would need to put 
her bitch pants on the next time she saw him or not.

"I spent the night," I confessed. "But I left before he woke up on Saturday. I didn't know what 
else to do at the time."

"You do realize Edward Cullen hasn't let a woman spend the night in his apartment since before 
we even lived in Manhattan?" Alice's eyes were wide with shock and a small smile danced on 
her lips. "I knew it would only be a matter of time before something started up between the two 
of you!"

"So you bolted before he got up? Have you talked to him since?" Rose continued her line of 
questions, ignoring Alice's last statement.

I nodded and looked out the car window. "I met him for coffee that afternoon."

"And…?" Alice squeezed my hand in a gesture of support and encouragement to continue.

"I was a complete wreck when I got home that morning," I admitted. By now all my 
nervousness had melted away and I just wanted to get everything off my chest. "You both know 
me, I don't do things like this. I've never been a one-night-stand type of gal, so when I was busy 
doing the cab ride of shame home on Saturday morning, I was completely mortified! This 
obviously could never be a one-night-stand situation since I represent him and all. So, I thought 
about it, and I realized, I kind of like this guy. Once you get past the cocky exterior he really 
isn't so bad to be around, you know?"

Alice's eyes glimmered with excitement. "This is so cute!" she exclaimed, interrupting me and 
earning a glare from Rose. She rolled her eyes and sunk back in her seat, pretending to zip her 
mouth shut and throw away the key.

I couldn't help but smile. Alice wanted me to find a boyfriend more than wanted me to find 
one. "Anyway, I took a nice, long bath and thought about everything. And then it dawned on me 
– I had a really good time with Edward on Friday night. Not just the sex – which was incredible
by the way – the entire evening was fun. I wanted to see him again, but I didn't want it to be 
some casual sex fling thing, because we all know how those end, and I don't want to fuck up the 
business arrangement we've got going either. So…" My words trailed off as a wave of 
uncertainty churned in my stomach. I wasn't sure how my friends would react to the idea of 
Edward and I going on a date. It was a purely unprofessional move on my part, but I just didn't 
know what else to do.

The car came to a stop in front of Rose's apartment and we climbed out. "So what, Swan? Spit it 
out, you've got us both on pins and needles here!"

I exhaled the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "So I asked him to go on a date with me."

"OH MY GOD BELLA, THAT'S GREAT!" Alice screeched, launching herself across the sidewalk at 
me. I staggered backwards in surprise as she flung her arms around my neck in a trademark 
"Alice-Erickson-is-excited-as-all-hell" hug.

Rose laughed and pulled our favorite little pixie off of me. "Don't get your panties in a twist 
quite yet, Al, she hasn't even told us what he said!"

I pulled a cigarette from my purse and lit it, closing my eyes and taking a long drag before 
answering. "We're going out on Friday night."

Alice's arms were around my neck once again. "Iz, do you realize how huge this is? Edward 
Cullen doesn't date anyone – ever! The fact that you've managed to get spend time with him not 
one, but two weekends in a row, and get him to go out with you is monumental! He has to have 
feelings for you."

Rose let us inside and we kicked off our shoes. Alice immediately perched herself on the love 
seat while I took a seat on the couch across from her.

"Do you know what you're going to do yet? For your date, I mean." Rose tucked a strand of hair 
behind her ear and plopped down on the couch next to me, pulling her knees up to her chest.

I shook my head. "No, we didn't decide on anything yet. He said he'd pick me up at seven. I 
would guess we'll probably discuss it more on Thursday when we meet for his interview with the 
Journal."

"This is all so exciting!" Alice clapped her hands together like a giddy girl. "How long has it been 
since you were on a date, Bell?"

"Too long to remember," I joked. Truth be told, it had been at least a year since I attempted to 
fan any romantic flames.

"I think a trip to Madison Avenue is in order!" Alice stood up and started pacing the living room. 
"We need to find you a cute dress for the occasion, and maybe a pair of Manolos to go with it!"

"Hold that thought train, Alice." Rose stood up and put her hands on her hips. "Bella doesn't 
even know where they're going yet. Location is the first step, then comes fashion coordination."

"You have a valid point." Alice crossed one arm over her chest and started tapping her index 
finger against the corner of her mouth. "Why don't you call him right now and toss some ideas 
out there? We at least need to have you accessorized before Friday rolls around!"

I shook my head and pushed my arms out in front of me. "Slow down here sweetie. I'd like to 
have a couple days to process all of this before I'm dragged through the doors of the Alice 
Erickson Charm School."

Rose nodded in agreement. "Bell is right. Let her get things figured out and then we can assist if 
she wants." Rose winked at me and I mouthed the words "thank you" to her. Having known Alice 
her entire life, Rose had long ago perfected the art of calming the pixie down.

"Fine, fine, I'll stop." Alice bit her lip in contemplation. "I really do want to go look at Manolos 
though. Are you guys up for it?"

"Oh no, no, no, not so fast there Shorty." Rose shook her finger at Alice. "We need to tackle the 
invitations for Em's surprise party before going anywhere. You promised me you'd help with 
those and today is the only day our schedules meshed."

Alice frowned. "I forgot about that." She grabbed her cell phone and dialed a number, heading 
for Rose's balcony. "I need to call Jasper and tell him I might be late for dinner tonight. Give me 
five minutes?"

Once Alice was outside, Rose turned to me and rested a hand on my shoulder. "Bella, promise 
me something, please?" Her face was filled with concern.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just…" Rose's voice trailed off. She tugged nervously on her hair before 
continuing. "Be careful with Edward, okay? I'm not saying he doesn't feel anything for you, but 
Emmett and I have talked about him a few times, and he's got some real issues Bell. I don't 
want to see you get hurt."

I smiled and gave Rose a small hug. I could always count on her to have my back, and that was 
one of the things I loved most about her. "I'll be careful, I promise. His reputation alone 
screams 'proceed with caution'."

Rose smiled and squeezed my hands in hers. "You deserve a man who will make you the center 
of his world, Bella. I hope you realize you don't have to settle for anything less."

She turned and headed toward her study to get the supplies we needed for the party invitations. 
I took a deep breath and wrapped my arms around myself protectively.

So Edward had issues. Didn't we all? I was half tempted to ask Rose exactly what issues they 
were, but I decided not to. I wanted to find out everything I could about him, and I wanted to do 
it without any outside influences in my ear. Besides, Alice said it herself; he wouldn't have let 
me spend the night after our rendezvous if he didn't feel something for me, right?

You're in so much trouble, my subconscious chided. As much as I didn't want to believe her, I 
knew the snarky bitch was right.

I knew I couldn't turn back now, but I also couldn't help but wonder if I was fully prepared for everything I was getting myself into.

Edward's POV

I turned the up volume on my iPod and increased the incline on the treadmill. I'd been running 
for the past ten minutes and had barely broken a sweat. Today of all days I wanted to feel the 
burn in my muscles that accompanied a good, hard workout. I needed something to distract me 
from the pain of arousal I felt in my groin every time thoughts of Bella crossed my mind.

It had been five days since we met for coffee and I still hadn't fully digested the fact that we 
were going on a date tomorrow night. Yeah, it was for the bet and all, but Sam was right when 
he said that Bella was special, and even though I wasn't emotionally invested in the journey we 
were about to embark on, I didn't feel right treating her like anything less than a princess.

Not emotionally invested my ass, a little voice in the back of my mind piped up. You never 
would have let her spend the night after you shagged her if you weren't emotionally invested.

I sighed and pulled my ear buds out, slowing the treadmill down until it came to a stop. I took a 
large swig of water and draped my towel around my neck. There was no way I could 
concentrate on working out today. I was just about to enter the locker room when a familiar 
voice shouted at me.

"Edward!" I turned and saw Emmett standing next to the bench press. I smiled and headed in his 
direction.

"Hale, my friend, what's up?" I bumped my fist against Emmett's. "What brings you to this end 
of town?"

"Rose doesn't live too far from here and I've spent the past few nights at her place, so…" 
Emmett's ears turned pink and I laughed. Rosalie had him wrapped around every one of her 
fingers.

"Things are progressing in that department I take it?" I leaned against one of the weight 
machines and crossed my arms over my chest.

Emmett nodded. "Rose is amazing. I've never met anyone like her before. We just click." He 
shrugged and bit his lip. "I sound like a fucking cheeseball, but I can't imagine being with 
another woman. Ever. She's it for me."

"I'm happy for you, man. You deserve that." I said. Emmett always had a romantic side to him. 
Even during college, when girls threw themselves at him left and right, he stuck by Lauren's side 
and spoiled her rotten.

"Thanks, Edward." Emmett dropped his eyes to the floor and sat down on the edge of the bench 
press. "How are things going with Bella?" His question took me by surprise.

"Oh, you know, she's feisty as ever. I didn't quite realize what I was signing up for when I 
picked her for a publicist."

Emmett didn't look too happy. "I know what's going on, Cullen. You don't have to put on some 
act for me." He ran a hand through his hair and met my eyes. "Bella is a wonderful woman, she 
doesn't deserve to have her heart jerked around like this."

"How do you…" my voice trailed off as the answer came to me. Jasper! I thought. I couldn't 
believe he went and ran his mouth after we specifically agreed to keep the bet between the two 
of us. "What did he tell you?"

"Everything," Emmett admitted. I closed my eyes and fisted my hair in my hands. This was just 
fucking perfect. Before long the entire town would know and then what the fuck was I supposed 
to do? I knew I should have ended this bet last week.

"Look, Emmett…" I tried to think of the right words to say. "You can't breathe a word of this to 
anyone. I'll fix everything, I swear, but Bella can't know about this bet. Ever."

"Do you realize what kind of position you're putting me in by asking me to keep my mouth shut 
for you? Rosalie would kill me if she found out I didn't come clean immediately after Jasper told 
me."

"I know, I know, just, please Em," I begged. "As soon as my book comes out I'll find someone 
else to represent me."

"Or you could try swallowing some of that pride you're always choking on and see where things 
go." Emmett lowered his voice and leaned towards me. "I know everything that happened with 
Jessica killed you, but that was years ago and Bella isn't her."

"Believe me, I know," I muttered.

"Good. Then I trust you'll find a way to fix this so I don't have to tell Rose," Emmett said, 
standing up and clapping his hand down on my shoulder.

"We have a date tomorrow night," I blurted out. Emmett narrowed his eyes at me.

"Unfuckingbelievable," he muttered angrily. "If you go through with that date, it better be for all 
the right reasons and not just for a glorified beach house in the Hamptons."

I swallowed hard and nodded solemnly. "I never would have agreed to go if it wasn't for the 
right reasons." The lie left my mouth before I had a chance to think about it. Is it really a lie 
though? My subconscious always picked the worst moments to chime in with his two cents.

"I hope you mean that." Emmett scooted back on the bench press and lay down. "You're not the 
dirt bag you make yourself out to be, Edward. If you'd let yourself feel something aside from 
regret for a change you might see that."

I opened my mouth to respond, but Emmett was already in position to do his reps. I grabbed my 
towel and headed for the locker room once again.

I was going to kill Jasper. The fact that he told Emmett was bad enough, but from the sounds of 
it, he also went so far as to make it seem like this whole thing had been my idea. This is such 
bullshit, I thought. Jasper proposed the bet in the first place. I was just dumb enough to accept.

I turned the shower on and started scrubbing my body furiously. I was supposed to be at my 
parent's house by six for dinner and I still needed to go over my clients' portfolios before I got 
there. On top of that, after the Journal interview this morning I'd told Bella I would call her 
tonight with details for tomorrow.

Where the hell are you going to take her? I asked myself. I wasn't exactly a relationship expert, 
and I sure as hell couldn't ask my "best friend" for any advice in the area – he'd probably put up 
a billboard in Times Square broadcasting the schedule for the night!

I leaned my head against the shower wall and closed my eyes, resisting the urge to upchuck.

How – and why – the fuck did I get myself into this mess?

Bella's POV

My palms were sweating, my knees were damn near shaking, and my mouth was so dry I could 
hardly talk. Edward was scheduled to pick me up in ten minutes and I was freaking the fuck out.

I didn't understand why I was so nervous. This wasn't the first occasion we'd spent time alone 
together, and it probably wouldn't be the last. Yes, but this time there's expectations, my 
subconscious chimed in. The fact that I hadn't been out with anyone in ages didn't help matters 
any either. I was fairly confident that the rules and regulations of the dating game had been 
edited and rewritten multiple times since I'd last set foot on the field. I was stepping up to bat 
as a rookie and it scared the shit out of me.

My apartment buzzer went off and I jumped. I took a deep breath and grabbed my coat and 
purse off the back of the couch. When I opened the door I was greeted by a familiar set of 
green eyes and the accompanying panty-melting smirk. I stood and gaped at him for several 
minutes before an awkward silence settled in.

He cleared his throat and shifted back and forth on his feet. "So… Can I come in?" I nodded and 
held the door open wider. Edward's arm brushed against mine as he walked past me, sending a 
surge of white-hot electricity through the entire left side of my body. I closed the door and 
turned to face him.

"It's nowhere near the size of yours, but it suits me quite well." I gestured to the space around us. Edward stepped forward and handed me a small rectangular shaped box.

"Flowers were too predictable. Truffles fresh from Paris, on the other hand … well, not many 
women can say they got that on a first date." He smiled at my awed expression. "My mom was 
in France for two days for business and I had her bring them back for you."

I slid my finger under the wrapping and pulled it away. Edward stepped forward and took the 
paper from me, setting it down on the hall table and lifting the lid off the chocolates. He picked 
one up and held it out to me. I closed my eyes and opened my mouth, and he placed the truffle 
on my tongue. I allowed the chocolate to melt just a bit before I bit into it. It was the most 
amazing thing I'd ever tasted.

"Oh my God, Edward, this is delicious." I opened my eyes and smiled at him. For someone who 
didn't do relationships, he certainly knew how to woo a woman with chocolate.

"I'm glad you like them." He took the box from me and replaced the lid, setting it down next to 
the wrapping. "You look beautiful tonight, Bella. I mean, you always look beautiful, but tonight 
it's just exceptional." Edward stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked down at the floor.

"Edward Cullen, are you flustered?" I cocked my head to the side and smirked. His cheeks 
flushed with a blush and he shrugged.

"You've flustered me since the first day I met you," he whispered, lifting his eyes so they met 
mine. A tiny burst of happiness exploded in my chest and I bit my lip to avoid the one hundred 
megawatt smile that wanted to show itself.

I stepped forward and grabbed his hand in mine, pulling him towards the door. "C'mon Cullen, 
leave the flustered part of you behind. I'll be gentle tonight, I promise." I looked over my 
shoulder and winked at him. He chuckled and tightened his grip on my fingers.

"So, where are we going?" I asked. Edward sparked my curiosity last night when he called to 
tell me to dress casual for our get together. I was used to guys going all-out on the first date. 
Then again, this was Edward, and he hardly ever did anything I expected.

"I was thinking we could start with dinner at this awesome burger joint on the NYU campus." His 
eyes shimmered with excitement. "Then there's this pub and peanut bar a couple blocks away 
that has live music and cheap beer on Friday nights."

"So that explains the casual dress code," I joked. Edward chuckled.

"Yes, Ms. Swan, that explains the casual dress code. Unless, of course, you have somewhere 
else you'd rather go after dinner that also accommodates our jeans and t-shirt attire this 
evening."

I tipped my head back and laughed. I felt giddy, like I was sixteen all over again and going on a 
date with my high school crush. "No, no, no, hamburgers and beer is perfect! In fact, I can't 
think of a better idea for a first date."

Edward held the door to the Town Car open for me and I slid across the seat. He lowered 
himself into the spot next to me, taking my hand in his once again after we settled in.

"Sam, I'd like you to formally meet Bella Swan. Bella, this is my driver, Sam."

"Nice to meet you!" I greeted him. I locked eyes with the older man in the rearview mirror, and 
he tipped the brim of the black paperboy cap he wore.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Swan." His gaze shifted to Edward. "Where are we headed 
tonight Mr. Cullen?"

"Double Bite," Edward answered.

"I've never been there," I said, looking over at Edward.

"You're about to find out what you've been missing." He patted his stomach and squeezed my 
hand. "I hope you brought your appetite."

"I always bring my appetite, especially when there's meat involved." I cringed as soon as the 
words left my mouth. "I totally didn't mean for that to sound the way it did. I just love my beef." 
Just stop talking already, Bella. I slapped my palm against my forehead and looked out the 
window.

Edward laughed and leaned over so his lips were just inches from my ear. "It's nice to know I'm 
not the only one who's flustered." I shivered at the feel of his breath on my neck.

Sam pulled the car to a stop and Edward jumped out, running around the back so he could open 
my door for me. I waved a small goodbye to Sam and followed Edward inside the restaurant. 
The décor was trendy yet simple; giant circular shaped red, green, blue, and yellow paper 
lantern lights hung from the ceiling. The walls were covered in old signs for everything ranging 
from a John Deere tractor to a five-cent candy bar. The tabletops were covered with a clear 
lacquer, beneath which someone had strategically placed comic and cartoon strips from across 
the decades. "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones pumped out of a 1950s style jukebox that stood 
in the far corner.

Double Bite was completely fucking cool – and entirely un-Edward like.

We placed our orders and took a seat at a booth close to the jukebox.

"How did you find out about this place?" I asked.

"Emmett, Jasper, and I used to come here all the time in college." He looked around the room 
and smiled nostalgically. "They renovated it some since then, but for the most part it hasn't 
changed a bit." A waiter showed up with our food and we dug in appreciatively.

"Alice, Rose, and I always went to Mr. Bartley's up in Cambridge," I said through a mouthful of 
my hamburger. I opened my mouth to continue and a loud belch came out. Edward burst out 
laughing.

"On a scale of one to ten, that one deserves an eight point five at least." He popped a fry in his 
mouth and wiggled his eyebrows at me. "The charm scale, I mean."

I covered my mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry, I haven't been on a date in so long the whole 
etiquette part escaped me."

"Relax, I was just teasing." He pushed his burger away and leaned toward me. "How does a 
woman like you not have a boyfriend? Bodily functions aside, you're quite the catch."

I smiled and shrugged. "I was sick of getting hurt, so I decided to take a break." I looked away 
briefly and then back at him. "What's your excuse, Cullen? Women practically trip over 
themselves in your presence. How come you aren't wifed up?"

He leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes hardened, but not before I saw a 
flicker of sadness pass through them. "It was always easier for me to stay single. I'm not 
exactly husband material, and that never sat well with the ladies."

I frowned and focused my attention on playing with my straw. "What do you mean you're not 
'husband material'? Once you get past the rough edges, you're a pretty great guy. You're 
successful, motivated, passionate about what you do, and you're not exactly hard on the eyes. 
Unless you've got some secret Dexteresque life going on, I really don't see what the problem 
is."

He shrugged and went back to eating his burger. "It goes deeper than that. But, we aren't here 
to discuss my psychological flaws. Tell me how you ended up in New York."

"To make a long story short, Alice needed a business partner and didn't trust anyone outside of 
Rose and me, and I couldn't imagine a life where I didn't see them on a daily basis."

Edward smiled. "They're lucky to have you in their lives."

"I think it's the other way around. I'm not sure who I'd be today had I not found those two."

We spent the rest of the meal continuing to get to know one another. Edward looked like he 
might choke when I told him my dad was a cop, which had me in hysterics for a good five 
minutes. I desperately wanted to meet his parents, especially after hearing stories about 
Carlisle's volunteer work with different charitable organizations throughout the city. I kept that 
piece of information to myself, however. The last thing I wanted to do was scare him away 
before I even booked a second date with him.

The armor around my heart got weaker and weaker the longer we talked. I didn't want to admit 
it, but I was fairly positive Edward had what it would take to break it down completely and win 
me over. Sure, we hadn't gotten off on the best foot, and it didn't sound like he was looking for 
anything serious, but this date alone was enough to make me believe things – and Edward – 
could change.

Maybe I wouldn't come to regret giving Edward Cullen a chance after all.

Edward's POV

I watched as Bella's dart ricocheted off the board and hit the wooden floor. I shook my head and 
laughed, collecting all three of her darts from the floor.

"I can't believe I'm sucking so bad at this game!" She took a long pull from her beer and rested 
her hand on my forearm. "You have to believe me when I say I was actually good in college."

"I believe you," I said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her to me. I nudged her forward until the 
tips of her toes were resting against the duct-taped line on the floor. I placed a dart in her hand 
and covered it with mine. "Follow my lead. I always use the knuckle of my thumb to aim the 
dart."

She leaned into me and I pulled her hand up into my line of sight. I rested my chin on her 
shoulder and aimed the dart for the number ten portion of the board. I took a few steps back 
and instructed her to throw. She let go of the dart and it sailed through the air, landing in the 
far outer ring of the board right next to the number ten.

"I did it!" She jumped up and down and flung her arms around my neck. I smiled against her 
head and placed my hands on her hips.

"That was an excellent throw, Bella. And for the record, not many people are good at darts after 
two pitchers of beer."

She laughed and cupped my face in her hands. Warm, chocolate eyes stared up at me and for a 
brief moment, I wondered where this woman had been all my life. "Let's get out of here."

I leaned in and brushed my lips against her cheek. "Does that mean our date is officially over?" 
I puckered my lips in an exaggerated pout. Bella slapped my chest playfully and drained the rest 
of her beer.

"Not if you don't want it to be," she sang out, shrugging into her coat and grabbing her purse. I 
tossed a few bills on the table for a tip and chased after her.

"It'll take at least twenty minutes for Sam to get here," I said once we were outside. She lit a 
cigarette and took a long drag. Her eyes were trained on the sky above. She spun around and 
stopped when she faced me.

"We don't need Sam, silly. I'll hail us a cab!" Bella stepped out into the street and held up her 
hand. "TAXI!"

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as she pulled me into the back of the car. I closed the door 
behind us and she blurted out her address.

"My place this time," she muttered, and the next thing I knew her mouth was crashing against 
mine. I grabbed her hair in my hands and slid my tongue between her lips, inhaling her scent. 
She dug her fingers into my shoulder blades and moaned.

"Hey you two, let's keep this cab ride PG rated please!" The driver said in annoyance. Bella 
laughed and tucked her head against my shoulder. I ran my fingers through her hair and down 
her arm, relishing in the way she trembled beneath my touch.

When the cab came to a stop, I tossed a few twenties in the front seat and told the driver to 
keep the change. Bella grabbed my hand and led me upstairs, unlocking the door to her 
apartment and dropping her purse and coat on the floor.

"God Bella, you're intoxicating," I mumbled just before her lips found mine again. I pushed her 
up against the wall and let my hands start to travel south. "We don't have to do this, you know. 
I didn't go out with you tonight just so I could get a happy ending."

She pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. "Thank you for saying that." She kissed me 
hard, fisting my hair in her hands. "I know I don't have to do anything, but I want to do this. I've 
wanted to do it again since I got my first taste last weekend."

"Me too, baby. You wouldn't believe how much." I unbuttoned her jeans and slid my hand into 
her panties. She was already wet with desire when I plunged two fingers into her. Her head 
tipped back and hit the wall and a loud moan fell from her lips. I pumped my fingers in and out 
of her fast, curling them forward so they hit her sweet spot on each upstroke. She grabbed my 
forearms to steady herself and bit down hard on my shoulder.

"Edward, please, make me cum," she moaned in my ear. I used my free hand to cup her chin 
and pull her face to mine. I tugged at her bottom lip with my teeth and rubbed my thumb 
against her clit.

"AHHH!" Her walls clenched down on my fingers and her body shook beneath me. I wrapped my 
arm around her waist to steady her and continued to massage her sensitive bud while she rode 
out her orgasm.

"Did that satisfy your want?" I whispered in her ear. Her head shot up and a wicked smile 
played on her lips.

"Not. Even. Close." She wiggled away from me and ran in the direction of what I assumed to be 
her bedroom. I followed eagerly, laughing when I saw her standing in the doorway. Her pants 
were around her knees, one hand was on her hip, and she was giving me the "come here" 
gesture with the other.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, Bella Swan was showing me exactly what I'd spent the past eight years missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment