Monday, December 19, 2011

UPDATE - Hot Commodity: The Edward & Bella Diaries

Greetings all!

First posts in new blogs always twist my nerves, so let's just dive right into the good stuff - the frequently mentioned series of outtakes I've started penning for Hot Commodity.

I posted the first chapter of Hot Commodity: The Edward & Bella Diaries yesterday. In case you were wondering, the outtakes come in the form of journal entries from Edward and Bella. There are four outtakes for each of them, highlighting their sophomore, junior, and senior years in college, and the time between college graduation and present day in the story.

The first outtake is from Bella's sophomore year at Harvard. Love is in the air, the Queen of Sass has her game face on, and the Harvard ladies are ready to come out and play ...

Seth smiled and kissed my cheek. "Anytime you're in the market for a kidnapping, let me know." His breath tickled my ear and I giggled. 
"Goodnight Seffy!" It probably wasn't a good idea for him to share his childhood nickname with me when I was sauced. 
He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Goodnight Jelly Bellie." I cringed as he fired my own childhood nickname back at me. 
"Jelly Bellie?" Rose eyed me suspiciously as we walked to Alice's car. "Care to share?" 
I shook my head and fell into the backseat. "There's nothing to share, my dear Rose. We just got caught up, that's all." 
"Caught up?" Alice piped in. "Bella, you were in deep conversation with him for four hours! I don't even think you got up to pee in the time that we were there!" 
I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, resting my head against the seat. I could hear Rose turn around, and I squinted one eye open. 
"You have the hots for Seth!" Rose pointed at me accusingly. Alice clapped her hands in excitement. 
"I don't have the hots for Seth, you're crazy." I closed my eye again and tried to drown out the noise around me. 
"We're your best friends Bell, you can't hide this stuff from us." Alice pulled the car into a parking spot outside our complex and cut the engine. "Besides, there's nothing wrong with liking him. He's a nice guy and you two are totally cute together." 
I stumbled out of Alice's car and lit a cigarette. "There is nothing going on with Seth," I insisted. "We're just good friends." 
"Whatever you say." Rose shrugged and followed Alice inside. I stood on the steps of the building and finished my cigarette in silence. 
My mind was spinning from the Jagermeister and events of the evening. As I butted my cigarette, Alice and Rose's words played over in my head.
I couldn't possibly like Seth … Could I? 

Read the entire entry here! If you haven't had a chance to read Hot Commodity yet, you can do that here!

Edward's first outtake will be coming shortly after the New Year!

Happy Holidays to all -- don't get too tipsy under the Christmas tree! ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment