Saturday, January 19, 2013

Real Locations from Hot Commodity

This past week I had the opportunity to spend a day in New York City, in particular the Manhattan borough. As most of you know, Hot Commodity is set in the Big Apple, and although some of the characters and scenes take place in other boroughs, the majority of the story happens in Manhattan.

I've already visited many of the places that I included in the story, but I decided to take some photos to share with my readers of locations I came across while in the city.

Let's start with Edward's ride. My dear friend (and beta) Chloe Masen likes to give me a hard time for my obsession with Lincoln Town Cars. For the most part that's what I've seen in the city when it comes to personal drivers, etc. Now I'm seeing more Mercedes and Cadillacs as well, but Edward is a Lincoln kinda guy, and this is exactly what his ride would look like:



In chapter three of the story, Bella meets Rose (and Alice later joins them) at a deli they frequent. That deli happens to be the Roxy Delicatessen in Times Square:


In chapter four of the story, Edward runs into Bella at Starbucks, where he buys her drink and makes a peace offering. This Times Square Starbucks location is the one their accidental rendezvous happens at:


Edward and Bella go to dinner at Bond 45 when her two friends are out on dates with their respective men. Jasper and Edward also have a longstanding tradition of doing dinner there every Friday night. This also happens to be a restaurant my ex and I visited about six years ago in NYC. Their food is spectacular and the atmosphere is as well:


Edward's book release party in chapter 14 took place at the Living Room bar at the W Hotel in Times Square. It would have been rather odd to go in the actual hotel to photograph the place, but I did get some pictures of the outside:




No comments:

Post a Comment