Saturday, January 28, 2012

Endless Night, Chapter 11: Complications TEASER

Good evening all! :)

Chapter 11: Complications, of Endless Night is now posted on ffn & TWCS. Head on over and check it out!

Here's a little preview of what you can expect...


"Hey Jake! How are you?" I answered brightly. Edward appeared in the doorway with a frown of disapproval on his face. I kissed his cheek and waved him back to the living room, closing the door behind him. 
"Bell! I know I was a jerk on New Years, but two months is an awful long time to go without speaking to each other." I could tell Jacob was joking by the tone of his voice, but I felt bad nonetheless. 
"I'm sorry, Jacob. I've been meaning to call you but I just got so busy with class and everything here in Seattle." It was a lame excuse but I didn't know what else to say. 
Jacob snorted. "Busy with your new boyfriend, you mean?" I scowled. He knew me too well. "It's alright Bell, I understand. I just started seeing someone myself. That's actually why I was calling." 
I chewed nervously on my lip. "Who's the lucky lady?" 
Jacob hesitated before answering. "Tanya Denali." 
My head shot up and I dropped my hairbrush. "Tanya Denali? When did this happen?" 
"She came to see me in Forks last week and things sort of kicked off from there." 
I had no idea what to say. Edward inched the door open and poked his head around the corner. I held my index finger up, signaling that I needed an extra minute of alone time. 
"Don't you have anything to say, Bella? No 'I'm happy for you' or 'That's awesome, Jake'?" He sounded irritated. 
I took a deep breath, unsure of how to respond. "Of course I'm happy for you, Jacob. I just don't want to see you get hurt, that's all." 
"What makes you think Tanya wants to hurt me?" The irritation was still there, but skepticism now laced it. 
"I never said she wanted to hurt you, I just…" You're meddling, Bella. Stop. Now. "Just forget I said anything. I'm really glad that you two hit it off! You both deserve happiness." 
"Thanks, Bell! I wanted you to find out from me instead of through the grapevine, ya know?"

There is a bit of drama ahead for our favorite half-vamp and his clan. Buckle up your belts, ladies (and maybe even a few gents?), cause this roller coaster is about to depart from the platform. ;)

Reviews = love, so don't hesitate to leave some!

Those of you who are waiting for a Hot Commodity update can let out a sigh of relief -- Chapter 10 is coming tomorrow (assuming chaos doesn't erupt and a disaster of epic proportions doesn't take place between now and then)! ;)

Goodnight folks!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment